Why Do I Believe in Naturopathic Medicine?
I believe, because I’ve seen success with it time and time again. People who were told they had a 1% chance of success conceiving and having healthy pregnancies, people who were told that they would never conceive on their own and their only hope was donor eggs, conceiving and having healthy pregnancies naturally, people who had had repeated failed IVF attempts, forgoing all the drugs, turning to vitamins, minerals, diet and herbs and having healthy pregnancies. I’ve seen acne improved, hair loss stopped, skin cleared, digestion working normally, hot flashes relieved, weight loss, energy and vitality returned to normal, breathing cleared, babies made, cramps gone, thyroid and immune function restored and on and on.
When you’ve witnessed it for 16+ years with your own eyes, you can’t help but believe in the power of the human body to heal and the power of nature to help it along. We can help you too, call us at 416-481-0222 or book online now.
By Dr. Pamela Frank, BSc(Hons), ND
Why Take Drugs if You Don’t Absolutely Need To?
From the Harvard Health Letter:
- Arthritis: Combine weight loss with exercise, especially easy on the joints exercise like swimming, and you may have less pain and greater mobility.
- Cholesterol: Adding soluble fibre from psyllium, oat bran, fruit and vegetables to your diet can reduce levels of bad cholesterol. Cutting back on carbs helps lower total cholesterol.
- Cognitive decline: Memory training can help you stay sharp, and physical exercise can do even more.
- Depression: Regular physical activity has a potent antidepressant effect. Just do something, even if it’s only 5 minutes of exercise per day.
- Diabetes: Exercise makes muscle more receptive to insulin (improves insulin resistance), and eating fewer sweets and carbohydrates helps control blood sugar levels and appetite.
- High blood pressure: Lose weight, get more exercise, and eat less salt for those that are salt sensitive (not everyone is). Weight training and cutting back on carbs can help too.
- Osteoporosis: Weight-bearing exercise causes bone tissue to get stronger and denser. Extra vitamin D from sunlight and vitamin K from leafy greens can make all the difference with bone density.