Exercise: It’s Worth Finding the Time For
One of the most common reasons I hear for not exercising regularly is a lack of time for exercise. Given all these health benefits, it’s well worth making the time for.
- Fights chronic disease
- Improves mood
- Manages your weight
- Strengthens your heart and lungs
- Promotes better sleep
- Can spark your sex life
- Can actually be FUN!
So here are a few tips to try to fit it in:
- Get up early and squeeze in a brisk half hour walk first thing
- Take half an hour from your lunch hour for a brisk walk
- Go for a walk as soon as you get home from work and before dinner
- Do a lively dance to some upbeat music in your living room
- It doesn’t have to be a lengthy endeavor at the gym. Just some brisk movement for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Find something that you like: ballroom dancing, karate, swimming, volleyball, tennis, baseball, kickboxing, running, biking, hiking, Zumba etc. With endless options to choose from, there has to be one activity that you enjoy doing and can stick with.