A recent study found that a particular garlic supplement (Garsin) works as well as metronidazole without as many side effects.
Source: Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2014 Jul;16(7):e19118. Comparing the therapeutic effects of garlic tablet and oral metronidazole on bacterial vaginosis: a randomized controlled clinical trial.
- Herbal remedies are not addictive or habit forming so that when you and your naturopathic doctor feel that you no longer need their support, you can just stop taking them without any rebound side effects or nasty withdrawal symptoms.
- Herbal remedies work with your body chemistry to help correct the underlying imbalance rather than just mask the symptoms.
- Herbs contain not just medicinal ingredients, but because they are plants also come with vitamins, minerals, bioflavonoids and polyphenols that naturally occur in plants and help nourish you back to excellent health.
- Fewer or no side effects. Good quality herbs used at the appropriate dose for the right amount of time cause little or no side effects.
- Many herbs have been studied in comparison to prescription drugs and found to be as effective, yet without the risks and side effects.
Wean off prescription drugs only under the combined guidance of your MD and a naturopathic doctor.