- CoEnzyme Q10 – also known as ubiquinone, CoQ10 has been shown to help strengthen the heart muscle, help with infertility, breast cancer and diabetes. It’s found in foods such as fish, organ meats, including liver, kidney and heart; and the germs of whole grains.
- Resveratrol – prevents aging-related decline in cardiovascular function including cholesterol level and inflammatory response. It’s found in grapes, wine, grape juice, peanuts, and
berries of Vaccinum species, including blueberries, bilberries, and cranberries
- Fish oils – Omega 3 fatty acids from eating fish or taking fish oil has anti-inflammatory effects, reduces blood pressure, and may also be anti-atherogenic.
- Get a dog! Both adults and children who owned dogs reported greater levels of heart healthy physical activity and lower levels of stress than those without dogs.
- Reduce your stress. Take up Yoga, Tai Chi, breathing exercises, meditation, a walking program, daily exercise, anything that helps you lower your stress hormones.
- Exercise every day. Exercise flushes out the cardiovascular system, strengthens the heart muscle and helps all around because it reduces insulin, reduces stress and keeps blood sugar healthier.