- Take down time dailyand don’t feel guilty about it! You will be more productive in the up time if you make it a habit to take some down time and you will prevent yourself from having a stress related illness like heart disease or cancer.
- Nourish your adrenals – eat lots of vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and potassium to feed adrenals. Supplementing these is often if not always necessary since our stress levels and busy lifestyles are excessive in relation to the amount of these nutrients we could consume even if we were eating perfectly.
- Take an Epsom salts bath – it helps detoxify, restore tissue magnesium levels and lower cortisol levels
- Socialize! Enjoy time with family and friends
- Reduce your stress level through regular massage therapy, yoga, tai chi, breathing exercises, meditation, walking, delegating, learn to say “no”, take “me time”, exercise, laugh and be silly.