- Avoid toxin intake. Try to eat mainly organic fruit and vegetables, avoid storing or heating food in plastic containers and drink filtered water. Avoid household chemical use, limit chemicals that you put on your hair or your skin, 25% of what you put on your skin gets absorbed into your blood stream.
- Drink the juice of 1/2 a lemon in a glass of water every day. This can help stimulate the gallbladder to secrete bile, a liquid that the liver makes to flush itself.
- Drink lots of pure water every day. Some toxins get excreted through the bowels, others are excreted through the kidneys.
- Sweat every day! Perspiration is another means of purging toxins. You don’t need to invest in a sauna or hot yoga, just be physically active enough to sweat.
- Eat lots of fiber. You shouldn’t need fiber supplements or harsh forms of fiber like bran. Eating 8-10 servings of fruit and vegetables every day should supply sufficient fiber to keep bowels regular, help clear toxins and supply lots of vitamins and minerals you won’t get from bran.
- Detoxify your liver. At least once or twice per year do a formal liver detox. I don’t recommend the kits from the health food store because the majority only contain laxative herbs (which I NEVER recommend) and fiber supplements. This does nothing to supply the key nutrients that the liver needs to break down toxins, these would be things like glucarate, indole, and methyl-tetrahydrofolate.
- Eat one or more of the following foods daily: broccoli, cauliflower, apples and/or grapefruit. They contain powerful detoxifiers.