- Eat at least 2 cups of dark green leafy vegetables every day. Dark green leafies come complete with vitamin K, B vitamins and all of the other minerals needed to make healthy bones. For osteoporosis prevention they are the complete package. These include parsley, kale, spinach, collard greens, Brussel sprouts and Swiss chard.
- Eat a small handful of almonds a few times a week.
- Cook bones! If you are eating meat, leave the bone in. Minerals from the bones will leech into the meat or the cooking liquid and provide a full range of readily absorbed minerals.
- Eat canned salmon with the bones mashed up in it. As an added bonus, canned salmon is wild salmon.
- Keep your existing calcium. To lower your need for calcium and to keep more calcium in your bones lower your stress and cut down on carbs. Carbohydrates get metabolised into acidic end products which requires the body to pull calcium and other minerals out of the bones to buffer the acid.
- Build bones by exercising.